QT CASE is an initiative to fight back against the racism and conservatism settling into the local queer and trans communities, oppose corporate and "non-profit" exploitation, as well as rebuilding communities based in true grassroots efforts. QT CASE seeks to promote:
- community-wide consensus-based decision making models
- direct action, especially in the face of unfavourable optics
- a permanent, well-funded, and accessible community accountability process
- inclusive and equitable community-based support networks
- open-access community-based education models
QTCASE was started by a trans woman of color who was homeless for 20 years, but is now securely housed. Most of her protests took place under various organizing labels/names/orgs, such as Queer Diversity, Grassroots Trans Toronto, Transroots Toronto, etc. QTCASE is a project to consolidate and continue that work with the support of community members and grassroots organizations working on issues surrounding racialized, queer, trans, sex worker, low income, disabled, street-involved and homeless people.